Well I haven't seem to find a "freeware" package that I don't like. I happen to be in the market for some video capture software particularly desktop capture software in order to create documentation. I did a Google search for Camtasia alternative, and to my surprise found CamStudio. I downloaded the application, and WOW! This thing does just what I need it to do, you can record a fixed region, full desktop, or a custom region. You can move the region on the fly. The program creates the movie in a .avi file however you can convert it to SWF which creates the html file for you. This software is AWESOME! I definitely recommend it. In fact I read a little about the new applications that are in development....and yes they are free too! You can download at http://camstudio.org/ , and I know that the software is free, but if your not financially handicapped, like I am, I would recommend donating some money to this developer. In fact I am going to link to CamStudio's blog under the "my links" section on the right hand side of my blog which will have news updates. Thanks CamStudio and keep up the hard work, and thanks for making it FREE!

0 comments: